Everyone is talking about imaging but no one seems to be able to explain it.
Are you interested in imaging but don't know where to start?
Do you have an in-house imaging department that is not meeting your needs?
Is your current digital retrieval system ineffective or inefficient?
Should I store my scanned documents online or on my server?
How do I integrate the scanned images with my current information systems?
The Fort Docs Solution
The Fort Docs imaging department is dedicated to providing maximum personal service in converting your documents from hard copy to a digital format that you can easily access online.
After assessing your document activity level and general business needs, we convert your active files to a digital format using our advanced scanning technology. Your scanned files are placed in your private online document repository so that you can access them quickly and easily, 24 hours a day.
Online Document Repositories
- Safe, secure path on private network
- 24 hour access to your documents, 7 days a week
- Virtually limitless storage volume capabilities
- Scanning capabilities for variety of sizes from small to large (up to size E)
- Couple with data entry to digitize even your handwritten documents
- Back-up offered in multiple formats
Employing Only the Best
- High skilled professionals
- State of the art imaging technology
Extensive quality control procedures
QUESTION: SHOULD I SCAN OR STORE PAPER?
Great question. One that we hear a lot from clients.
We find that many of our clients are interested in scanning but do not have the circumstances necessary to justify the cost of scanning, which is always higher than storage. Why scan it if you don't really access it that often? It just doesn't make sense economically.
But in other instances it makes a whole lot of sense to scan the right papers. Fort Docs will gladly work with you to develop a cost benefit analysis between imaging and storage. And we have services that will allow you to store paper today but convert it to digital in the future when you next need to access it.
As the largest and oldest document management company in the North Bay with a significant presence in both imaging and storage, Fort Docs brings a wealth of knowledge and a consultative approach to help you find a solution that best meets your specific needs.
Please fill out the following form and we will contact you to discuss your needs and how we can help you.
QUESTION: HOW DO I GET STARTED IMAGING MY FILES?
There are three basic strategies that can be employed to make the move from paper to digital.
A “Day Forward” approach where you leave historical paper in its original form and begin to scan only new documents. Fort Docs can help you with either an outsourced solution (where we do the work) or an in-house solution where we install scanners and software at your location and give you the training necessary to run a quality focused, efficient operation.
A “backfile conversion” where we use our high speed scanners and expertise in document preparation and indexing (lookup fields) to convert significant amounts of historical paper to digital. Once this is complete then you make the choices outlined in option 1 above as to how you digitize new documents
A Scan-on-Demand approach combined with a day forward approach. This is often the most economical approach. In this scenario historical documents are placed in storage and we pull and scan them if they are needed. And then as above we help you get the day forward solution in place for ongoing needs. The key to this solution is that, depending on your industry, most documents that go to storage are in fact never accessed again. So why pay to have them imaged?
QUESTION: MY CURRENT IMAGING SYSTEM IS NOT MEETING MY NEEDS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You are not alone. In fact, we know of one major imaging company that focuses all of its sales efforts on current in-house imaging operations because after trying it for awhile, most companies realize that imaging is not a core competency, that it requires skills and management focus that is not readily available.
Fort Docs can help. We have state of the art equipment, experienced management and total dedication to finding the sweet spot between quality and efficiency that gets you the product you need, in the time we agree to, at a cost that is significantly less than your fully loaded in-house cost.
QUESTION: ONCE MY DOCUMENTS ARE SCANNED, HOW DO I ACCESS THEM?
The simplest answer to this question is that there are two basic options for access and multiple mediums for storage.
The basic retrieval options are:
1. Have the documents named by an appropriate reference (invoice number, client number, firstname_lastname) and then place them in a directory structure on your server.
2. Utilize a document management program such as PaperVision Enterprise from Digitech Systems that gives you enhanced access and management capabilities such as multiple lookup fields, integrated email and printing capabilities, web access and a complete audit trail of every access of each document.
The various storage options include:
1. We can provide you with a complete online solution including the software, storage, backup and built-in redundancy with our world class online system, ImageSilo. You pay a modest monthly fee based on the gigabytes of storage you have online and get unlimited access with no upfront capital costs.
2. You store the images on your server using the directory structure explained above or a document management program such as PaperVision. In this scenario you are responsible for managing and backing up all data.
3. Storing the data on a cd-rom that comes with a simple retrieval program for future access.
QUESTION: SHOULD I USE AN ONLINE ASP SERVICE OR DO MY OWN THING IN-HOUSE?
Our experience is that there are two factors that play into this choice:
1. A philosophical choice regarding keeping all services/data in-house or outsourcing. Over the past two years we have seen a major shift to outsourcing document retrieval as IT departments realize that a dedicated service reduces infrastructure costs, saves time and provides for greater redundancy and regulatory compliance.
2. An economic decision that compares the cost of purchasing, installing and maintaining software and infrastructure to the monthly cost of an all-inclusive service. The clincher is often that our ASP can be implemented with zero capital costs allowing you to get started with just a monthly cost that can be absorbed in your budget.
And what do you get with ImageSilo, our ASP. Here are a few highlights:
1. A massive, ultra secure repository based in Denver, Colorado with a second replication facility 300 miles away
2. Unlimited access to your documents by an unlimited number of users
3. 4 different internet providers to assure your connectivity
4. Thousands of satisfied users including hospitals, financial institutions, State Courts and many others.
FOR A PDF ON IMAGESILO, PLEASE CLICK HERE: IMAGESILO PDF
QUESTION: HOW DOES IMAGING INTEGRATE WITH MY CURRENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
As part of our focus on providing you with solutions that meet you needs, we have a number of ways to integrate digitized documents with your current system.
Our most comprehensive solution, Integration Manager, allows us to program a simple “screen scrape” that can grab data from your current systems and use the data to generate search results. And all the user needs to do is a simple keystroke to activate the process.